The New Hampshire Debt Adjuster’s Bond is required by the State of New Hampshire, Banking Department, in the amount of $25,000 for the year. The bond requires the bondholder to follow the New Hampshire Revised Statutes Annotated 399-D. This bond is one of the requirements for those wish to have a debt adjuster’s license.
Any person or company that for direct or indirect compensation engages in:
- Providing debt management advice or counseling
- Creates debt management plans
- Negotiate with one or more creditor on behalf of the customer whether services are conducted in the state or behalf of a person located in this state.
- Acts as an agent of a debtor and receives a fee to distribute on behalf of the debtor.
The amount of the surety bond is $25,000. But take note that if you transmit money as part of your services, your surety bond must increase to $100,000.
What are the requirements for a New Hampshire Debt Adjusters’ License?
Aside from the mentioned bond, the following must be prepared upon application for the license. The following can be done through the NMLS website.
- Payment of $500 for the license/registration fee
- Credit report for control persons ($15 per person)
- FBI criminal background check
- Financial statements
- Other trade names
- The registered agent must be listed
- Bank account information
- Control person attestation
- Credit report
- Business plan
- Certificate of authority/Good standing certificate
- Company staffing and internal policies
- Document samples
- Debt management agreement
- Formation documents
- Management Chart
- Organizational chart/description
How do I obtain a New Hampshire Debt Adjuster’s Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.