Motor vehicle dealers are required to post a Nevada motor vehicle dealer bond as part of the process to license the dealership. The amount of the bond depends on what type of vehicles are to be sold, the amount of vehicles you plan to sell, and other factors. Read our Car Dealer License Guide to learn more about how to get your dealership licensed and bonded.
- Required by: Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
- Minimum Bond Amount: $10,000
- Maximum Bond Amount: $100,000
- Valid: Continuous – Renewable
The price for the bond, also known as the bond premium, is only a small fraction of the bond amount.
The specific bond type depends on the particular types of vehicles that will be sold:
- Utility trailers or boat trailers weighing 3,500 pounds or less- $10,000
- Motorcycles, horse trailers, or utility trailers weighing 3,501 pounds or more- $50,000
- New and used cars- $100,000
This bond guarantees the principal will abide by all Nevada state laws and regulations.
Since this bond is continuous, it is in full force and effect until cancelled. If the bond is cancelled, a written notice of cancellation must be submitted to the state of Nevada at least 30 days prior to the cancellation date.
The applicant should verify the bond amount with the obligee before applying for the bond to ensure the bond amount is correct.
Surety1 is not directly involved with the licensing process, but we’ve compiled this information which may helpful for you.
State licensing fees and requirements:
- Surety bond
- License application
- Supporting application documents
- $125 non-refundable application fee
- $38.25 fingerprinting fee
- Proof of insurance
- Personal business documents
All licensing fees are required by the obligee, not the surety company.
This license must be renewed annually in order for it to remain valid.
For more licensing information, visit Nevada’s official site.
How to obtain a Nevada motor vehicle dealer bond
- Complete our easy to use online application
- A friendly agent will contact you, usually within a few hours with a quote.
- Sign some paperwork and make payment.
- Get your bond!
How to Get Your Nevada Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.