What is the purpose of a Nevada Garage Repair Bond?
A Nevada Garage Repair Bond is a type of surety bond required of all businesses that repair motor vehicles in Nevada. The bond is in place to protect consumers from fraudulent or deceptive practices by garage owners. The bond amount is $5,000. The cost of the surety bond is usually the minimum premium and fees of $150.00 A “Garage” is defined as a business establishment, sole proprietorship, firm, corporation, association or other legal entity that performs any of the following services on motor vehicles:
- Repair or replacement of the
- Cooling system;
- Brake system;
- Muffler and exhaust system;
- Transmission system;
- Electrical system;
- Drive train system;
- Electrical charging system; or
- Heating and air conditioning system;
- Fuel injection or carburetor system;
- Engine tune up;
- Diagnostic testing
- Alignment; or Oil change and lubrication
“Garage” does not include a business establishment, sole proprietorship, firm, corporation, association or other legal entity that does not perform services on motor vehicles for members of the general public.
How to get a Nevada Garage Repair Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Nevada Garage Repair Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
Other requirements for Nevada Garage Repair registration include:
- Application for Business License in full and signed by a principal of the business.
- A Nevada Garage Repair Bond of $5,000.
- Non-refundable registration application fee.
- City or County business license.
- Fictitious Firm Name Filing.
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation and Corporate filing, with names of the officers, filed with the State of Nevada, Secretary of State’s Office, if applicable.
- The Federal Identification Number (FEIN) of the business.
- An electronic mail address for the business.
- An established place of business within the state.
- A sign 22 inches by 28 inches stating the customer’s bill of rights as noted in NRS 487.6871. The sign must be easily visible in an area within the business, frequented by persons seeking repairs for motor vehicles.