The Nevada Escrow Agency/Agent Bond is required by the Nevada Department of Business and Industry. The bond guarantees that the bondholder, or Principal, will comply with chapter 645A of the NRS, and will pay all damages done to any person as a result of the bond holder’s failure to follow these laws. The amount of the bond is based on the expected average monthly balance of its trust or escrow account:
AVERAGE MONTHLY BALANCE AMOUNT OF BOND OR SECURITY REQUIRED
$50,000 or less $20,000.00
More than $50,000 but not more than $250,000 $50,000.00
More than $250,000 but not more than $500,000 $100,000.00
More than $500,000 but not more than $750,000 $150,000.00
More than $750,000 but not more than $1,000,000 $200,000.00
More than $1,000,000 $250,000.00
Other License Requirements
Escrow Agency Principal Location License $700.00
Escrow Agency Branch Location License $200.00 per branch location Escrow Agent $125.00
Adding Association for an Escrow Agent $25.00 per escrow agent
- Financial Statement
- Formation documents – Articles of Incorporation, Articles of Organization and Operating Agreement, Partnership Agreement, Certificate of Good Standing
- Copy of Applicant’s fictitious name filing, if applicable
- Copy of the Applicant’s lease for the principal location and also the branch locations, if applicable.
- Copy of local business license, if applicable
- Individual form for each control person
- Fingerprint card for each control person
- Designation of a qualified employee for the principal and branch location
Where can I get a Nevada Escrow Agency/Agent Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.