The Nevada Driver’s School Bond is required by the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles for those wishing to establish a school for training drivers. The bond ensures that the bondholder and/or his instructors will not be involved in any fraud or fraudulent representation in violation of any of the provisions of Chapter 483 of the Nevada Revised Statutes or Nevada Administrative Codes. The bond amount is set at $10,000.
In addition to obtaining the Nevada Driver’s School Bond, the following must also be completed:
- Completed Application for Business License
- Completed Personal History Questionnaire
- Passport size photo
- One set of fingerprints for each principal of the business
- Fingerprint background waiver
- Behind the Wheel activity: Insurance certificate showing automobile liability coverage with the department as a certificate holder.
- Bodily injury or death for one person in any one accident $100,000
- Bodily injury or death for two or more persons in any one accident $300,000
- Property of others in any one accident $50,000 (CSL = combined single limit is acceptable)
- Copy of City or County business license
- Fictitious Firm Name filing, if needed
- Copy of Certificate of Incorporation and Corporate Filing
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- An email address for the business
- Have an established place of business
- Two colored photographs of the business location
- Days and hours of operations
- Drive School Disclaimer
- Give a list of vehicles that will be used for instruction
- Submit results of the Drive School Vehicle Inspection Form
- Provide proof of satisfying the Education requirements
- Classroom instruction plan
- Pass the site inspection
What is the process to obtain a Nevada Driver’s School Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.