The Nebraska Credit Services Organization Bond is required by the Nebraska Secretary of State. According to the Nebraska Credit Services Organization Act, a Credit Services Organization is a person who provides any of the following services in exchange for payment:
- Improving a buyer’s credit record, history, or rating
- Obtaining an extension of credit for a buyer
In order to conduct business in the State of Nebraska, each Credit Services Organization must obtain a Surety Bond. The surety bond ensures the faithful compliance of the organization to the Nebraska Credit Services Organization Act, Nebraska Revised Statutes Sections 45-801 to 45-815. The bond protects anyone who is damaged by the organization’s violation of said Act.
The required amount for the Nebraska Credit Services Organization Bond is $100,000.
The surety bond must be maintained until two years after the date that the credit services organization ceases business operations.
CLICK HERE to APPLY for your bond today!
In addition to the bond, each credit organization must file a registration statement with the Nebraska Secretary of State in order to conduct business. The registration must include:
- The name and address of the Organization
- The name and address of any person who directly or indirectly owns 10% or more of the outstanding shares of stock in the Organization
- A full and complete disclosure of any litigation or unresolved complaint filed with a governmental authority relating to the operation of the Organization or;
- A notarized statement that there has been no such litigation or unresolved complaint
CLICK HERE for more licensing information from the Nebraska Secretary of State.
Where can I get a Nebraska Credit Services Organization Bond?
It does not take long to process a this bond. We offer an easy to use online application that can be completed in a matter of minutes. After applying, within one business day you will be contacted by one of our licensed agents with a firm quote. You just need to complete some paperwork, make payment and your surety bond will be mailed to you via USPS priority mail. Overnight delivery is also available.
Surety1, an AssuredPartners Agency is licensed in all 50 states and is rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau. Surety1 has been writing surety bonds in Nebraska since 2003.
Visit our State Guide of Bond Requirements for Credit Services / Credit Repair Businesses