The Connecticut Motor Vehicle Leasing and Rental Surety Bond is required by the State of Connecticut, Department of Motor Vehicles in order to obtain a Motor Vehicle Leasing and Rental License. The bond amount for a motor vehicle leasing and rental company is $10,000. Surety1 can write this bond at just $150 for the year!
What are the requirements to obtain a Connecticut Motor Vehicle Leasing and Rental License?
In order to operate this type of business, the Department of Motor Vehicles requires that you get a license. The following requirements, which can also be found on the CT DMV website, must be submitted in order to apply for this license. Take note that the license expires every March 31st of your renewal year.
- A completed application form
- A leasing and rental license compliance certification
- A Business license personnel list which should include owners, partners, members, managers, etc. Make sure that this is signed and notarized.
- Connecticut State Sales Tax Number
- Proof of financial responsibility
- A certificate of good standing if you are an out-of-state company
- A copy of your driver’s license
- A check for $300
- A Connecticut Motor Vehicle Leasing and Rental Surety Bond amounting to $10,000 issued by a surety company licensed to operate in the state. Please note this bond is only required when a leasing company is engaged in leasing or renting of motor vehicles for periods of 30 days or more.
- Note: Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states!
Where can I get a Connecticut Motor Vehicle Leasing and Rental Surety Bond?
All we need is a completed online application! Within one business day of your submission, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a free, no-obligation quote. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is made, your bond will be executed on the required form and shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options are also available).
Surety1 has been writing bonds in Connecticut since 2003. Our surety experts provide fast and friendly service, maintaining our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.