The Montana Telemarketing Registration Bond is required by the Montana Department of Justice, Office of Consumer Protection, and has a required bond amount of $50,000. The Telemarketing Registration and Fraud Prevention Act requires sellers and telemarketers to register with the Department of Justice before conducting telemarketing transactions in Montana. Unless a business can prove it is exempt under MCA 30-14-1405, you must be registered with the state.
The bond states that the bondholder must not violate the Montana Telemarketing Registration and Fraud Prevent Act by committing one of the following:
- failure to register, maintain or renew a registration;
- failure to meet the surety bond requirement if required to provide a bond;
- including any false or misleading information on registration application; and
- misrepresenting that a seller or telemarketer is registered.
Other License Requirements
Although Surety1 does not issue the registration, we have compiled a list of all requirements to make it easier for you. Make sure to register before you start offering consumer goods or services to the citizens of the state of Montana.
- Completed application form.
- Copy of all scripts, outlines or presentation materials
- A complete, detailed description of the goods, services, property or extension of credit you are offering for sale.
- A full description of prize or bonus if offered
- List of all inbound and outbound phone number used
- A $50,000 Montana Telemarketing Registration Bond
What is the process to obtain Montana Telemarketing Registration Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.