The Missouri Licensed Mechanical Contractors Bond is required by St. Louis County, Missouri. The bond amount required is $10,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall observe all ordinances, rules, and regulations adopted for the public health and safety pertaining to mechanical work performed within St. Louis County, Missouri.
How do I become a Mechanical Contractor in St. Louis?
A mechanical contractor is an individual or entity licensed to perform work and employs at least one pipe-fitter journeyman. To get your contractor license in St. Louis County, an application form must be submitted, along with the following documents:
- Invoice to customer
- Material/supply order
- An affidavit that your company performed the mechanical work within at least 3 years.
- General Liability Insurance Form
- Local business license
- State or Federal Tax Identification
- Certificate of Good Standing from the Secretary of State
- Licensed Mechanical Contractor’s Surety Bond
Instructions for the Missouri Licensed Mechanical Contractors Bond – St. Louis
Please take note of the following when submitting your bond:
- Use only the appropriate bond forms approved by the St. Louis County Department of Public Works.
- The bond must be signed by the principal if it is a corporation the corporate seal should be there.
- The signature must be notarized.
- The bond must be signed by the attorney-in-fact, and the signature must be notarized.
- The company’s Power of Attorney must be attached to the bond.
How do I get a Missouri Licensed Mechanical Contractors Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.