The Mississippi Check Cashers Bond is required by the Commissioner of the Department of Banking and Consumer Finance, State of Mississippi in the amount of $10,000. The bonding company must be authorized to do business in Mississippi.
Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states.
The bond states that the bondholder shall operate its business in conformity with the laws in Mississippi regulating a check casher business and all other applicable statutes.
What are the minimum requirements to be licensed as a Check Casher?
- Pay the initial license fee of $750.
- The licensing period is October 1 through September 30.
- Application made during the license period are not pro-rated.
- Submit a completed application form.
- Provide a surety bond.
- Submit a set of Fingerprints.
- Not be a convicted felon within the last 10 years.
- Maintain a net worth of $20,000 for the first location with an additional $5,000 for each additional location.
- Be registered with the Mississippi Secretary of State.
Why should I use Surety1 for my Mississippi Check Cashers Bond?
With Surety1, we’ll get you the best rate possible. We are proud to say that through our partnership with many A-rated surety companies, we are able to offer the lowest rates in the market today. In addition you will get your bond FAST.
Start by completing our easy-to-navigate, free online application form. After that, one of our surety agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. Then when you decide to move forward with us, you would pay the bond premium and choose your shipping options. You may choose to have your Mississippi Check Casher Bond mailed through USPS Priority Mail or overnight delivery.
Surety1 has been issuing surety bonds in the State of Maine since 2003. We continue to be rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau for our outstanding service.