The Minnesota PCA Agency Surety Bond is a type of surety bond and is required by the Minnesota Health Care Programs to obtain a PCA Provider or PCA Agency License in the state. A home care provider may not open, operate, manage, conduct, maintain, or advertise itself as a home care provider or provide home care services in Minnesota without a temporary or current home care provider license issued by the commissioner of health. A PCA Agency provides Personal Care Assistants to others in the state. An organization can be a Personal Care Provider organization (PCPO) or Personal Care Assistant Choice (PCA Choice), or both. All need to be licensed and provide the Minnesota PCA Agency Surety Bond.
Purpose of the Surety Bond
The PCA bond is required by Minnesota Statutes Section 256B.0659, Subd. 21(a)(2), and is to secure your compliance with the terms of Minnesota Statute Chapter 256B, of all rules made by the commissioner, and any other legal obligations arising out of your conduct as a personal care assistance provider agency.
How to Enroll as a Minnesota PCA Agency
Providers must enroll as a PCA Provider Agency for the state of Minnesota.
- Attend the training PCA Steps for Success.
- Pay the application fee
- Either register to access the Minnesota Provider Screening and Enrollment (MPSE) portal and complete your enrollment online using the MPSE portal
- Provide a copy of the Minnesota PCA Agency Surety Bond
Required Surety Bond Amount and Costs
- Newly-enrolling PCA agencies must provide a bond in the amount of $50,000
- $50,000 for revalidation/annual review if the provider’s PCA payments from Medicaid in the previous calendar year were $300,000 or less
- $100,000 for revalidation/annual review if the provider’s PCA payments from Medicaid in the previous calendar year were more than $300,000
- All PCA Agencies must also carry a $20k fidelity bond. Your insurance provider can usually provide this bond as part of an insurance package but if its not available, Surety1 can assist you in placing that bond as well.
The above numbers are bond amounts. The premium of the bond (the actual cost to you) is only a small percentage of the bond amount.
How to Obtain a Minnesota PCA Agency Surety Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.2
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Minnesota PCA Agency Surety Bond will be shipped to the bond principal (Applicant).
1- The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
2 – Subject to underwriter approval, based on aggregate surety bond exposure, additional underwriting information may be required.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.