The Minnesota Electrical or Elevator Contractor Bond is required by the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry in the amount of $25,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall faithfully and lawfully perform all work as an Electrical or Elevator contractor within the state of Minnesota.
Requirements for Business License
- Choose a business structure for your business entity.
- Contact the Office of the Minnesota Secretary of State to obtain information relating to the registration of your business.
- Disclose your Federal Employer Identification Number and State Identification Number. For sole proprietors or one member limited liabilities companies, you must also provide a Social Security Number.
- Pay the license fee of $120.
- Complete the Application Packet, also include the following:
- Minnesota Secretary of State Registration/Assumed Name Verification
- Disclosure of Business Owners, Partners, Officers, and Members Form
- Certificate of Responsible Licensed Individual – Master Elevator or Limited Master
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Certification of Compliance Form Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Law
- Elevator or Limited Elevator Contractor Surety Bond – take note that this bond must be issued by a company licensed to do business in the state.
Where can I get a Minnesota Electrical or Elevator Contractor Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.