The Minnesota Aviation School Bond is required by the Minnesota Department of Transportation, Office of Aeronautics. The bond is required for those applying for a Commercial Operations License to conduct a flight training and/or a ground training school.
The required bond amount is $5,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall faithfully perform all contracts and agreements with students made by such principal or its salesmen or solicitors.
Surety1 has access to the best surety markets available. We will get you bonded quickly and at the best possible price.
What are the other requirements needed in order to obtain a commercial operator’s license in Minnesota?
- Approval from the airport that will be listed on the application to operate on the field.
- Obtain a minimum insurance coverage of $100,000 per person and $500,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage for each aircraft.
- Make an agreement for maintenance of the aircraft used
- Register the aircraft that will be used in the state.
- Submit a completed application form, along with $30 for the annual license fee.
- Have an office and maintain records.
- Provide a course curriculum for each course offered.
- Submit a copy of the rules governing the flight school operation.
- Provide students with a disclosure statement.
How can I get a Minnesota Aviation School Bond?
Simply complete our free online, application form and one of Surety1’s expert agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote within one to two business days. Once you pay the bond premium and sign the agreement, we will send you the bond through USPS Priority Mail. Overnight delivery is available, for an additional cost.
Surety1 is a bond only agency, providing surety bonds for all 50 states since 2003. The company represents over a dozen “A” rated surety companies and maintains a rating of A+ by the Better Business Bureau.