The Maryland Natural Gas Broker Bond is required by the Maryland Public Service Commission in the amount of $10,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall comply with the provisions of the Maryland Annotated Code, rules and regulations of a Natural Gas Broker.
Surety1 has access to over a dozen surety markets to place your bond. Surety1 only offers surety bond services. The licensing for a Natural Gas Broker is done by the Maryland Public Service Commission.
What are the steps for licensing as a Natural Gas Broker?
The Commission has put together an Application Packet. Listed below are items required along with your application.
- Non-refundable $400 license fee.
- Certificate of Status.
- Copy of Maryland State Sales and Use Tax License.
- Certificate of compliance.
- Names and addresses of all persons and entities that directly or indirectly own 10% or more of the ownership interests.
- Financial requirements – balance sheet and income statement, credit reports or ratings.
- Statement of technical and managerial competency.
- Training and marketing materials.
- Affidavits of Tax Compliance and General Compliance to the Commission.
Why should I choose Surety1 for my bond needs?
With Surety1, you not only get the Maryland Natural Gas Broker Bond at the best rate possible, you also get it FAST. We are proud to say that through our partnership with many A-rated surety companies, we are able to offer the lowest rates in the market today.
Start the process by completing our easy-to-navigate, free online application form. After that, one of our surety agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. Once you decide to move forward with us, you just need to pay the bond premium and choose your shipping options. You may choose to have your Maryland Natural Gas Bond mailed through USPS Priority Mail or overnight delivery.
Founded in 2003, licensed in all 50 states, we continue to maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.