The Maryland Emergency Vehicle Dealer Surety Bond is required by the Administrator of Motor Vehicles, State of Maryland. The bond states that the bondholder shall conduct the business in full compliance with those Sections of the Transportation Article, of the Annotated Code of Maryland, as set forth in the Regulations of the Administrator of Motor Vehicles for the State of Maryland.
What is the purpose of a Maryland Emergency Vehicle Dealer Bond?
The bond is one of the requirements of the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration for those who would like to obtain a business license to establish a new dealership for selling emergency vehicles.
An emergency vehicle is defined in the Maryland Code of Transportation. These include:
- Vehicles of federal, State, or local law enforcement agencies
- Vehicles of volunteer fire companies, rescue squads, fire departments, the Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems, and the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute
- State vehicles used in response to oil or hazardous materials spills
- State vehicles designated for emergency use by the Commissioner of Correction
- Special vehicles funded or provided by federal, State, or local government and used for emergency or rescue purposes in this State
What is the bond amount?
New Emergency Vehicles:
- 1-500 vehicles sold – $50,000
- 501-1,000 – $75,000
- 1,001-2,500 – $100,000
- Over 2,500 – $300,000
- 1-250 vehicles sold – $15,000
- 251-500 – $25,000
- 501-1,000 – $35,000
- 1,001-2,500 – $50,000
- Over 2,500 – $150,000
Where can I get a Maryland Emergency Vehicle Dealer Bond?
To begin the process of getting your surety bond, complete our online application form. Next, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. Once you pay that bond premium and sign the agreement, we will send the surety bond via USPS Priority Mail.
For all your surety bonding needs, don’t hesitate to contact us here at Surety1. We have been issuing surety bonds in all 50 states since 2003 and we have emerged to become one of the best in the business. In fact, we maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau for our service.