The Maryland Cigarette Bond is required by the Maryland Comptroller, Revenue Administration Division. The bond states that the bondholder shall promptly file returns and reports with the comptroller, as required by law. In addition, they shall pay to the comptroller any and all cigarette taxes as they become due.
Who needs the Maryland Cigarette Bond?
The Maryland Cigarette Bond is a requirement for those filing an application to be licensed to sell cigarettes in the state. You can be licensed as a manufacturer or wholesaler.
- Complete and submit the Cigarette License application
- Pay the license fee
- $750 – Wholesaler
- $500 – Sub Wholesaler
- $25 – Manufacturer
- Pay the New Application fee (per location) of $200
- Provide copy of completed Combined Registration Application
- Provide a list of cigarette licenses currently held, license number and expiration date
Wholesaler’s must also provide:
- Confirmation letter from each manufacture that will supply cigarettes for distribution
- Written statement of intended method of cigarette tax stamp payments
- Signature Card with authorized names
- List of proposed customers
- Completed and submitted Licensed Wholesaler Address Reporting Form
Where can I get a Maryland Cigarette Bond?
At Surety1, not only will you receive fast and friendly service, you will receive the lowest rates in the market. We have partnered with over a dozen surety markets to place your bond with. First, start the process by completing and submitting our online application form. Next, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. After that, pay the premium and sign the necessary paperwork. Lastly, your Maryland Cigarette Bond will be mailed to you using USPS Priority Mail. Overnight delivery is available with an additional fee.
Surety1 has been issuing surety bonds since 2003. We are one of the best in the business, as evidenced by our A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.