The Maryland Auctioneer Bond is required by Baltimore County in the amount of $5,000. The surety company that executes the bond must be licensed by the Insurance Commissioner. Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states.
What is the purpose of a the bond?
The Maryland Auctioneer Bond ensures that the bondholder will perform proper accounting, payment and delivery of money or property entrusted to their care and possession while acting as an auctioneer.
According to Baltimore County Code Article 21, no person may engage in the business of an auctioneer unless they have been licensed by the Department of Permits, Approvals, and Inspections. The department may not issue an auctioneer’s license until the applicant has filed an Auctioneer Surety Bond with the Director.
What are the other requirements needed to become licensed as a Auctioneer in Baltimore County?
- Submit a completed Auctioneer License Application to the Department of Permits, Approvals and Inspections. The applicant must include their name, age, permanent business and residence address.
- Pay the $180 application fee. Make checks payable to Baltimore County, Maryland. Licensed fees received will be credited to the Board of Education’s school fund.
Where can I get a Maryland Auctioneer Bond – Baltimore County?
At Surety1, we make things easy for you. Start the process by completing our easy-to-navigate, free online application form. After that, one of our surety agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. Once you decide to move forward with us, you just need to pay the bond premium and choose your shipping options. You may choose to have your Maryland Auctioneer Bond – Baltimore County mailed through USPS Priority Mail or overnight delivery.
Surety1 has been issuing surety bonds in the State of Maryland since 2003. We continue to be rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau for our outstanding service.
How to Get Your Maryland Auctioneer Bond – Baltimore County
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.