The Kentucky Mortgage Loan Originators Bond is required by the Commonwealth of Kentucky, Department of Financial Institutions. It states that the bondholder will fully comply with the provisions of the Kentucky Revised Statues (KRS) Chapter 286.8; all regulations and orders. The required bond amount is $20,000.
Surety1 has access to the best surety markets. We will get you bonded quickly and at a competitive price.
Who is required to have a Kentucky Mortgage Loan Originators Bond?
Any individual who discusses or negotiates the rates, terms, and conditions of a loan with a borrower or prospective borrower must have a Mortgage Loan Originators Bond as part of the licensing requirements to become a Kentucky Loan Originator.
How do I apply for a Mortgage Originator’s License?
All applications are done through the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System and Registry (NMLS). Before submitting an application, at least 20 hours of pre-licensure education courses must be completed. Passing results must also be satisfied. After that the following requirements need to be met:
- Payment for all the fees including NMLS processing fee ($30), License Registration fee ($50), Credit report ($15), FBI Criminal Background Check ($36.25)
- Submission of completed application form
- Authorize a Criminal background check
- Authorize a Credit report
- Provide an explanation to the disclosure questions
- Provide a sponsorship request by your employee.
- Kentucky Mortgage Loan Originators Bond filed electronically with the NMLS
Where can I get the surety bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to apply for your Kentucky Mortgage Loan Originators Bond.
- Apply online using our easy to navigate, secure application. The name of the principal insured on the bond must match exactly the Full Legal Name of applicant in NMLS.
- Receive your free, no obligation quote from one of our professional surety bond agents, Usually within one business day.
- Make payment (all major credit cards accepted) and sign some important paperwork.
- Your bond will be filed electrically with the NMLS.
If you have any questions along the way, our agents are available to answer your calls. Toll free (877)644-2327, Monday – Friday, 8am to 4:30 pm pacific time. The bond agents at Surety1.com will provide you with he most competitive rate form one or more of the dozen surety markets Surety1 represents.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003. We also maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Click here to visit our state-by-state guide to mortgage industry surety bonds