Who needs a Kansas Mortgage Company Bond?
Sole proprietorship (individuals), corporations, partnerships, or any other form of entity, however
organized, who intend to conduct mortgage business in Kansas as described above must obtain a
license. To obtain the license, you must provide a Kansas Mortgage Company Bond.
Any entity desiring to conduct mortgage business with Kansas consumers under the Kansas Mortgage
Business Act must file a company new application through NMLS for their principal place of business.
All additional locations where mortgage business is conducted with Kansas consumers whether located
in Kansas or not must be separately authorized and will require a branch new application through NMLS
to obtain a branch license.
Bond amount of the Kansas Mortgage Company Bond?
Required bond amount depends on the type of office:
- Kansas bona fide office – $50K bond is required for loan volume up to $50,000,000 annually.
- Kansas bona fide office -$75K bond is required if annual loan volume is greater than $50,000,000.
- No Kansas bona fide office – $100K bond is required for loan volume up to $50,000,000 annually.
- No Kansas bona fide office – $125K bond is required if loan volume is more than $50,000,000.
Kansas bona fide office must meets all of the following requirements:
- The office must be located in Kansas;
- The office is not located in a personal residence;
- The office has regular hours of operation
- The office is accessible to the public;
- The office is leased or owned by the licensee and serves as an office for the transaction of the
licensee’s mortgage business;
- The office is separate from any office of another registrant; and
- All of the licensee’s books, records and documents are accessible through that office.
How do I get a free quote for my Kansas Mortgage Company Bond?
Friendly agents available to answer your questions.
Surety1 offers an easy to use, online application. It only takes a few minutes to apply and a friendly agent will contact you with a quote, usually the same day you apply. Surety bonds are all we do. We represent over a dozen markets to get you the rate and terms you need. Licensed in all 50 states, Surety 1 has been providing surety bonds in Kansas since 2003. A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau .