The Kansas Driver School Bond is required by the Kansas State Department of Education in the amount of $2,500. This bond is one of the requirements for all who wish to teach driver education and prepare students to drive safety on the road.
What are the other requirements that need to be submitted?
- Completed application form.
- Operator License fee of $25.00. Instructor License fee of $5.00 each. Make check payable to the State Department of Education.
- Copy of the complete curriculum that will be taught. Course outline for classroom instruction and behind-the-wheel instruction.
- Sample of the contract which will be entered into between the school and every enrollee and a sample receipt for any monies paid to the school by the student.
- Sample of attendance forms to be used for recording the date, type, and duration of all lessons, lecture, tutoring, or other services relating to instruction in the operation of motor vehicles.
- Application for motor vehicle identification for each vehicle.
- Certificate of insurance.
- Instructor applications which should include a current DMV driving record.
Why should I choose Surety1 for my bonding needs?
Surety1 can offer you the lowest rates in the market through our partnership with over a dozen A rated surety markets. We also offer a fast and friendly process that will get you approved for the surety bond quickly.
After you submit our free online application, one of our licensed agents will contact you with your no-obligation quote. If you wish to proceed with the bond, we would collect the premium payment and have you sign any necessary paperwork. The bond will then be mailed to you by USPS Priority Mail. If you prefer, we also have Overnight Delivery available, for an extra fee.
Surety1 has been in the business since 2003. We are licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A rating from the Better Business Bureau.