The Indiana Gasoline Distributor’s License Bond is required by the State of Indiana, Department of Revenue. These bonds are generally in the amount of $1,000.
The Indiana Code 6-6-1.1 or the Gasoline Tax law defines “gasoline” as:
- all products commonly or commercially known or sold as gasoline, including casinghead and absorption or natural gasoline, regardless of their classifications or uses; and
- any liquid, which when subjected to distillation of gasoline, naphtha, kerosene, and similar petroleum products with American Society for Testing Materials Designation D-86, shows not less than ten percent (10%) distilled (recovered) below three hundred forty-seven degrees Fahrenheit (347 degrees F) or one hundred seventy-five degrees Centigrade (175 degrees C), and not less than ninety-five percent (95%) distilled (recovered) below four hundred sixty-four degrees Fahrenheit (464 degrees F) or two hundred forty degrees Centigrade (240 degrees C).
A distributor, meanwhile, is a person who first receives gasoline in Indiana.
What is the purpose of an Indiana Gasoline Distributor’s License Bond?
A surety bond is one of the requirements in order to get licensed as an Indiana Gasoline Distributor in the state. This license lets the distributor not pay a gasoline tax to his supplier.
The surety bond, which is determined by the administrator, should not be less than $2,000. There should be no more than a three-month tax liability, which must be issued by a company legally operating in the state.
Aside from the surety bond, applicants for the license must also file a sworn application. This application should contain information such as:
- the name in which the distributor will transact business
- the location of the business
- and any other information that the administrator will require.
Where can I get an Indiana Gasoline Distributor’s License Bond?
This bond is easy to obtain. Simply complete our easy to use, online application. Within 1 business day, a friendly agent will contact you with a firm quote. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and payment is collected, your bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail. Overnight shipping options are also available, at your request.
Our company, Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc (Surety1) has been in the business since 2003 and is licensed in all 50 states. The company maintains an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau and represents over a dozen, “A” rated surety bond companies.