Click here to apply for your bond
The New York Independent Adjuster Bond is required by the Superintendent of Insurance. The bond is required to be in the amount of $1,000 and to have a two-year term. New York requires resident and non-resident applicants to be bonded and to pass the New York adjuster exam specific to their line of insurance.
All applicants for Public Adjuster (Resident and Non-resident) and Independent Public Adjuster (Resident and Non-resident) must submit the following in order to be licensed:
- Completed application form. Applicants may download the form from the Department of Financial Services website.
- Payment for the licensing fee. The amount is $100 for full and $50 for half.
- The original passed score report for the exam taken within two years. First-time applicants must also submit a school certificate from a New York approved pre-licensing Course Provider. If that is not possible, they should submit a New York State Department of Financial Services Licensing Bureau Statement of Employer form saying that the applicant is a regular employee of no less than a year during the three years preceding the date of application.
- Fingerprinting requirements.
- Certificates of character for each licensee.
- Proof of required filing of a partnership, corporation, limited liability company or trade name.
Where can I get a New York Independent Adjuster Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your New York Independent Adjuster Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.