The are required by the State of Idaho, Division of Building Safety Plumbing Board. The bond amount required is $2,000, and is quotable with a completed application.
What are the requirements in order to become a Plumbing Contractor or a Specialty Plumbing Contractor in Idaho?
There are two types of Plumbing Contractor’s Licenses, Contractor and Specialty.
Plumbing Contractor License Requirements
- Complete the Application for Plumbing Contractor License Form
- An application fee of $22.50
- Must possess an active Journeyman Plumbing Certificate of Competency issued by the Idaho Plumbing Board and show proof of 2 1/2 years of work experience as a licensed journeyman
- Successfully complete the contractor examination administered by the Division.
- Pay the license fee after passing the exam
- Submit a surety bond worth $2,000.
Plumbing Specialty Contractor License Requirements
- Complete the Application for Plumbing Specialty Contractor License Form
- Pay the $22.50 application fee.
- Submit proof of a minimum 2 1/1 experience working as a Plumbing Specialty Journeyman (in Idaho or another state)
- Pass the examination
- Pay the license fee after passing the exam.
- Submit a surety bond worth $2,000. *Take note that Mobile Home Specialty Contractors do not need to submit a surety bond.
Where can I get a surety bond?
For all your surety bond needs, Surety1 can offer not just fast and friendly service, but the lowest rates too! This is made possible through our partnership with over a dozen A rated surety companies.
To begin the process, just answer this online application form. Upon submission, wait for a call from one of our licensed agents (within one business day). Once you pay the $100 b
ond premium and sign all the necessary paperwork, we will mail the bond to you via USPS Priority Mail. If you need it sooner you can also choose overnight delivery, for an additional cost.
Surety1 was established in 2003. We are licensed in all 50 states and continue to maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau for our efficient service.