The Hawaii Private Detective Bond is required by the Board of Private Detective & Guards. The bond is required to be in the amount of $5,000. Surety1 Can write this bond for $100 for the year.According to the Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 463, a private detective agency is a firm engaged in the private detective business and a guard agency is involved in the guard business. Both types of business will need to get a license from the Professional and Vocational Licensing Division of the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
What are the requirements in order to operate a Private Detective Agency or Guard Agency in Hawaii?
Please take note that the application must be received 30 days before the Board meetings, which are usually scheduled in the months of January, March, May, July, September, and November. The following requirements must be met in order to be licensed:
- Complete the application form. Make sure that all sections are answered, especially the “principal” designation where you will give the name and license number of the person who will directly manage or control the agency. You must also make sure that you provide a business location.
- Submit evidence of registration with BREG
- Submit notarized employment records of all officers, directors, partners, and members.
- Pay the application fee of $50.
- Pay the license fees. For licenses issued between July 1 (even-numbered year) to June 30 (odd-numbered year), the fee amounts to $344. For licenses issued between July 1 (odd-numbered year) to June 30 (even-numbered year), the license fee is $140.
- Submit a Hawaii Private Detective Bond of no less than $5,000 issued by a company licensed to do business in the state.
Where can I get a Hawaii Private Detective Bond?
To obtain the Hawaii Private Detective Bond required for this license, simply fill out our free online application. Within one business day one of our licensed agents will contact you with a firm quote for your bond. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and your premium payment is processed, your agent will ship your bond(s) via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options are also available).
Surety1 was established in 2003. Our headquarters are located in California, but we are licensed to operate and issue bonds in all 50 states. Our fast and friendly service has made us one of the top surety bond companies and even helps us maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.