The Hawaii MMA Promoter’s Bond is required by the State of Hawaii MMA Program. The bond is required in the amount of $10,000. In the Hawaii Revised Statutes Chapter 440E, a promoter is defined as an individual, corporation, joint venture, partnership, limited liability corporation, limited liability partnership, or any other type of business entity that promotes, conducts, holds, or gives a mixed martial arts contest. In order to be a mixed martial arts contest promoter in the state of Hawaii, you will need to apply for a license with the Professional and Vocational Licensing Division of the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.
What are the requirements to promote an MMA event?
- Completed application form, with all the questions, answered.
- Social Security Number
- Payment for the fees: $1085 if applying for licensure between July 1 odd-numbered year and June 30 even-numbered year; $715 if applying for licensure e between July 1 even-numbered year and June 30 odd-numbered year.
- Event permit
- Current audited financial statements
- Most recent federal tax return by the promoter and preparer.
- State of Hawaii Tax clearance that should not be more than six months old.
- Proof of business registration with the Business Registration Division, DCCA.
- Signed “Request to release information”.
- Signed “Release all claims” form.
- Promoter’s criminal background check at: www.ecrim.ehawaii.gov .
- Hawaii MMA Promoter’s Bond issued by a surety company legally operating in the state, and in the amount of $10,000.
Where do I get a Hawaii MMA Promoter’s Bond?
To obtain a Hawaii MMA Promoter’s Bond, all you need to do is take a few minutes to fill out our free online application! Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available for an additional cost).
The surety bonding experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.