The Hawaii Employment Agency Bond is required by the Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. The bond amount required is $5,000.
What are the requirements for Employment Agencies to operate in Hawaii?
As defined in Chapter 373, an employment agency is any individual, partnership, corporation, or association engaged in the business of providing employment information, procuring employment for applicants, or procuring employees for placement with employers upon request, for a fee. All employment agencies must have a valid license issued by the department. The following requirements must be met and submitted upon application.
- A completed application form
- If applying as a corporation, present a Certificate of Good Standing or Certificate of Qualification
- Payment for the fees: $315 for those who will be licensed from July 1 of an even-numbered year to June 30 of an odd-numbered year/ $190 for those expected to be licensed from July 1 of an odd-numbered year to June 30 of an even-numbered year.
- Make sure to provide information about the principal agent. This agent must be licensed too.
- A copy of the contract agreement
- A copy of the schedule of placement fees
- A copy of the employment record, including each officer and director, for the preceding 3 years
- A surety bond issued by a company licensed to do business in the state. The amount is set at $5,000.
Where can I get a Hawaii Employment Agency Bond?
Due to our partnerships with over a dozen A-rated surety companies, we can offer this surety bond at exceedingly low rates. If you fill out our online application now, you can get approved for the bond within just one business day! Once you pay the bond premium and sign the paperwork, you have the option of receiving your bond via USPS Priority Mail or overnight delivery (for an additional cost).
Surety1 has been in the business since 2003. Our headquarters are in California, but we are licensed to issue surety bonds in all 50 states. We also maintain an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau for our excellent service.