(877) 654-2327

Surety1 was Founded in 2003.  Low-Cost Bond Provider.  Over 150,000 Happy Customers and Counting!   Apply For Your Bond >

H-2A Surety Bond for Farm Labor Contractor

Bond Requirements and Online Application

The H-2A  Surety Bond for Farm Labor Contractors is required by the United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division.

The H-2A Farm Labor is a program that allows farmers to hire non-U.S. Citizens from other countries in order to meet the high demand for labor during harvest season. Read more about the H-2A Farm Labor Contractor requirements.

The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) protects migrant and seasonal agricultural workers by establishing employment standards. Any person who is subject to MSPA as a Farm Labor Contractor (FLC) must register with the Department.

H-2A Surety Bond for Farm Labor Contractor bond


The FLC must be issued an Farm Labor Contractor Certificate of Registration prior to starting any farm labor contracting activity. To obtain the Certificate of Registration, an H-2A Surety Bond will need to be provided.


What H-2A Surety Bond Amount Do I Need?

  • $5,000 for a labor certification with fewer than 25 employees;
  • $10,000 for a labor certification with 25 to 49 employees;
  • $20,000 for a labor certification with 50 to 74 employees;
  • $50,000 for a labor certification with 75 to 99 employees; and
  • $75,000 for a labor certification with 100 or more employees.

The term of the H-2A surety bond must cover the term of the work contract period listed on the H-2A Application.

The bond is to protect the H-2A workers from unscrupulous FLCs. This is not insurance. If there is a claim placed on your bond and you are found at fault, the surety company will pay out. However, unlike insurance, the applicant will have to pay the surety company back.


How to Get Your H-2A Surety Bond for Farm Labor Contractor

1. Complete an online application. It's free and no-obligation. 2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign. 3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your H-2A Surety Bond for Farm Labor Contractor!   If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
1. Apply Online Using our Free & Secure Application 2. Get Your Free Quote Applications are No-Obligation 3. Get Your Bond Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days