A Georgia Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond is required by the State of Georgia for any entity wishing to obtain a license as a used motor vehicle dealer.
This bond is required to be in the amount of $20,000 but the cost to obtain this bond will only be a small percentage of this bond amount! Fill out Surety1’s free application to get a fast, no-obligation quote!
What are the requirements that need to be submitted in order to be a Used Motor Vehicle Dealer in Georgia?
The following application requirements must be submitted to obtain a Used Motor Vehicle Dealer License in Georgia:
- A completed application form
- Submit the initial licensure fees ($170 plus another $170 for every additional lot)
- Original Certificate of Insurance
- Established Place of Business Requirements
- Attend the pre-licensing seminar form E-Learning, GIADA or Ron Widener.
- State Sales Tax Number
- Fingerprint-based background check
- A Georgia Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond issued by a surety company licensed in Georgia
- Note: Surety1 represents over a dozen “A” rated surety markets that are licensed in Georgia!
More information about these licensing requirements can be found on the State of Georgia website.
What is the purpose of a Georgia Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond?
This bond states that the company shall comply with the conditions of any written contract or written warranty by such dealer or his agent made in connection with the sale or exchange of any motor vehicle, and shall pay all loss, damages, and expenses that may be sustained by any purchasers of any used motor vehicle and their vendees or successors in title by reason of any fraudulent misrepresentation as to liens against or titles to any used motor vehicle.
Where can I get a Georgia Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond?
Simply fill out our free online application! One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day of your submission with a quote for your bond. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is made, your bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail (with overnight shipping options available).
Why choose Surety1?
With an A+ Rating from the Better Business Bureau since 2003, Surety1 can provide you with fast, reliable service for all of your bonding needs! Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states and can ship to any location.