The Georgia Surety Bond for Driver Improvement Clinic is required by the GA Department of Driver Services. The bond is required to be in an amount between $2,500 to $10,000.
All school owners or instructors must be certified by the Department of Driver Services before they can operate their business or start teaching a class.
What are the requirements to operate a Driver Improvement Clinic in Georgia?
Please refer to the list below for the instructions and requirements that must be met:
- Prior to submitting this application, all applicants must complete the “Prerequisites of Opening a Driver Safety Program in Georgia” online training.
- All applicants must sign the Statement of Completion
- All applicants are required to complete all sections of the application with the exception of Section 1, which only needs to be completed once.
- All applicants must undergo a national and state fingerprint-based criminal background check.
- All applicants—including partners, corporate officers and/or controlling stockholders—must submit a notarized Consent for Background Investigation.
- All applicants—if you have been licensed in a state (or states) other than Georgia in the past five (5) years, you must obtain and submit a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) from each state in which you were licensed except for Georgia.
- All applicants must submit a photocopy of their diploma and/or official transcript. A minimum of a high school diploma or GED is required.
- Submit a Georgia Surety Bond for Driver Improvement Clinic in the amount of $10,000 for each clinic location.
- Submit proof of a fire code inspection of the clinic location, completed by a fire department or fire marshal, dated within 90 days of filing the application, and showing no violations.
- Submit a copy of the clinic’s business license.
- Submit the clinic’s Standard Business Hours. (Form # RC-800)
- Submit an application fee of $200.00, in the form of a money order, certified check, or cashier’s check, made payable to the Georgia Department of Driver Services.
- If incorporated, submit a copy of the Certificate of Incorporation from the Secretary of State.
- Submit a copy of the clinic certificate from one of the following approved curriculum providers:
- American Automobile Association
- American Safety Council
- Driving Educators of Georgia
- Georgia Association for Risk Reduction & Defensive Driver Education
- National Safety Council (N.S.C.)
Where can I get a Georgia Surety Bond for Driver Improvement Clinic?
Surety1 can issue this bond quickly and at a low rate! All you need to do is fill out our free, easy to navigate application. Within one business day one of our licensed agents will contact you with a quote for how much your bond will cost. Once you sign any necessary paperwork and remit payment, your Georgia Surety Bond for Driver Improvement Clinic will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail, with overnight shipping options available.
Surety1 has been issuing bonds since 2003, so it understands the need for an easy, reliable bonding process. Rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and licensed in all 50 states!