The Georgia Salvage & Assembled Vehicle Inspector Bond is required by the Georgia Department of Revenue in the amount of $50,000 in order to register as a salvage & assembled vehicle inspector in this state.
What do I need in order to register as a Salvage & Assembled Vehicle Inspector?
The GA Department of Revenue requires all inspectors of salvaged or assembled vehicles or motorcycles to be registered.
To register, applicants must submit a Salvage and Assembled Vehicle Inspector Registration form to the Georgia Department of Revenue along with the following attachments:
- Legible Copy of Driver’s License
- Evidence of being in the motor vehicle collision industry or re-building industry for two or more years.
- I-CAR Platinum Individual Transcript
- I-CAR Student Privacy Waiver
- Personal liability insurance amounting to $1,000,000/$100,000 per occurrence
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information
- Attend the Pre-Licensing Seminar
- A surety bond, also known as the Georgia Salvage & Assembled Vehicle Inspector Bond in the amount of $50,000
More information regarding these requirements can be found here.
What is the purpose of a Georgia Salvage & Assembled Vehicle Inspector Bond?
This bond is required to ensure the registered inspector complies with all of the Georgia Laws and Regulations concerning salvage and assembled vehicles inspectors. If any such inspector operates unlawfully or unethically, a claim can be made on their bond. If settled, the surety company (the company that issues the bond) would pay out the claim, but the bond principal (the inspector in this case) would be responsible for repaying the surety company for this claim.
Where can I get a Georgia Salvage & Assembled Vehicle Inspector Bond?
All you need to do to get this bond is submit our fast online application! One of our surety experts will follow up within one business day with a free, no-obligation quote for the price to obtain your bond (the “premium”). If you decide to move forward after hearing your quote, we would ship you your bond after you remit the payment and sign any necessary forms.
Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states and has been writing surety bonds since 2003! We maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau for our quality, reliable service.