The Georgia Liquor Manufacturer Distillery Tax Bond is required by the Georgia Department of Revenue in order to obtain a State of Georgia Distillery License.
What are the requirements to be a Liquor Distiller in Georgia?
According to the state of Georgia, a Distillery engages in distilling, rectifying and blending distilled spirits, and a Distilled Spirit is any alcoholic beverage obtained by distillation or containing more than 21% alcohol by volume, including but not limited to all fortified wines.
In order to legally operate as a distiller in Georgia, a Distillery License must be obtained. To get this license, the following requirements must be submitted to the GA Dept of Revenue:
- Complete an application via the Georgia Tax Center
- A Georgia Liquor Manufacturer Distillery Tax Bond
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID (requires notarization)
- Scanned copy of current annual registration from the GA Secretary of State
- Scanned copy of Federal Basic Permit
- Scanned copy of Local License
- Scanned copy of Property Lease or Deed
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
- ATT-104 Brand & Label Registration and Designation of Sales Territory
- ATT-17 Georgia Alcohol & Tobacco Personnel Statement (requires notarization)
- Financial Affidavit
More information about the application process and requirements can be found on the Georgia Dept of Revenue website.
What are the requirements for a Georgia Liquor Manufacturer Distillery Tax Bond?
This bond is required in an amount of $10,000 and is set to expire on December 31st of each year.
Unlike insurance, this bond is in place to protect the state and the consumer, rather than the distillery. If a customer feels they were harmed by illegal or unethical activity by the distillery and file a claim on the bond, the surety company will pay out the claim if settled. The bond principal (the distillery in this case) must then repay the surety for any losses incurred.
Where can I get a Georgia Liquor Manufacturer Distillery Tax Bond?
In order to obtain this bond, simply fill out our free online application! One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day with a quote for the price to obtain your bond (the “premium”). If you choose to move forward after receiving your quote, we will have you sign any necessary paperwork and remit the premium payment, at which time we will ship your completed bond to you (with applicable Power of Attorney) via USPS Priority Mail (with overnight shipping options also available).
What happens when my bond expires on December 31st?
Approximately two months prior to the expiration date of your bond, one of our surety experts will send you an invoice to renew your bond for the next term. Once the premium payment is processed, we will mail you a “Continuation Certificate” or “Renewal Bond” document that you will then turn in to the Obligee (the GA Dept of Revenue) to keep your bond active. Please note an active Georgia Liquor Manufacturer Distillery Tax Bond must be in place to maintain a Distillery License.
Why choose Surety1?
At Surety1, our agents work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we are finding you the lowest price for your bond. We’ve been issuing surety bonds since 2003 and our quality, reliable service has led us to an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau! Licensed in all 50 states.
How to Get Your Georgia Liquor Manufacturer Distillery Tax Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.