The Georgia Bonded Warehouse License Bond is required by Commissioner of Agriculture, Department of Agriculture Warehouse Division. All commercial agricultural storage facilities in the state must be licensed, bonded and inspected for inventory quantity and quality compliance, which protects the producers of grain, cotton and tobacco storing their commodities at those facilities.
CLICK HERE to read more about the Warehouse Division from the GA Department of Agriculture
What requirements should I submit to get a Bonded Warehouse License?
First and foremost, you will need to contact the Department of Agriculture Warehouse Division so that an examiner can conduct a physical inspection of your facility and determine its capacity. Other than that, please make sure to submit the following requirements:
- Application for State Bonded Warehouse License Form
- Pay the necessary license fee.
- Fees for grain:
- Less than 200,000 bushels – $2,000 fee
- Equal to or over 200,000 bushels – $2,500 fee
- Fees for cotton:
- Less than 7,500 bales – $2,000 fee
- Equal to or over 7,500 bales – $2,500 fee
- A Georgia Bonded Warehouse License Bond in an amount based on approved storage capacity (minimum amount $20,000, maximum amount $300,000; contact the GA Dept. of Ag for confirmation on what your bond amount needs to be)
- Note: the cost to obtain this bond will only be a small percentage of the bond amount. Apply with Surety1 to get a free, no-obligation quote for this price!
- Reviewed or audited financial statement, minimum equity $20,000.
- Proof of stock insurance coverage, including 10 day notice of cancellation.
- Provide a Tariff Schedule.
- Provide completed warehouse receipts
Take note that if you do not have one, you will also need to obtain a Certified Public Weigher’s license and have a certified scale on the premises.
Where can I get a Georgia Bonded Warehouse License Bond?
Once you know your bond amount, simply fill out our free online application! Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the price to obtain your bond. Once any necessary paperwork is signed, and the premium payment is remitted, your Georgia Bonded Warehouse License Bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail, with overnight shipping options also available.
Surety1 has been writing bonds in Georgia since 2003, so we understand the process and the need for fast, reliable service. We even maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau. Contact us today for all your bonding needs as we are licensed in all 50 states.