A Florida Tobacco Products Distributor Surety Bond, also known as a Florida Alcoholic Beverage and Tobacco Surety Bond is required by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations (DBPR) for any entity wishing to obtain a Tobacco Products Distributor (TWD) Permit.
What are the requirements to get a Tobacco Products Distributor Permit?
The Florida DBPR requires a permit for the sale of tobacco products such as loose tobacco suitable for smoking, snuff, snuff flower, etc. (excluding cigarettes and cigars) for sale to retailers. To obtain this permit, the following must be submitted to the DBPR:
- A completed application (with notarized affidavit)
- A copy of any arrest dispositions (if applicable)
- A copy of mitigation of moral character (if applicable)
- A right of occupancy (if applicable)
- A letter from the cigarette taxing authority (if applicable)
- A $1,000 Florida Tobacco Products Distributor Surety Bond (form ABT-6032) issued by a Surety Company licensed in Florida
- Note: Surety1 represents over a dozen “A” rated surety companies all licensed in Florida!
- A Secretary of State Certificate of Status (if applicable)
- A Federal Employer’s Identification Number (FEIN)
- A $25 license fee
More information about these licensing requirements and procedures can be found on the Florida DBPR website.
What is the purpose of a Florida Tobacco Products Distributor Surety Bond?
This bond is in place as assurance that your company will pay all excise taxes. If your company fails to report or pay the required taxes, the state can make a claim on your bond and the surety company that issued your bond will pay out the claim. Unlike insurance however, you will have to pay back the surety for any such claims.
Where can I get a Florida Tobacco Products Distributor Surety Bond?
To obtain a Florida Tobacco Products Distributor Surety Bond, all you need to do is take a few minutes to fill out our free online application! Within one business day one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the price to obtain your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bonding experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau!