The Florida Screen Actors Guild/ SAG Talent Agency Surety bond is required to be in the amount of not less than $5,000 for the year. The bond is in place to help ensure that the Screen Actors Guild Agency Regulations Rule 16 (g) and 1990 Memorandum of Amendment and all of the laws and regulations governing the acts of talent agencies in Florida are followed.
The following people in Florida need a SAG surety bond:
- Talent agencies that want to provide entertainment services for compensation (including cash, goods, services) within the state. This includes agencies that represent actors, models, extras, and other performers.
- Production companies that want to hire SAG actors for their films or television shows.
SAG surety bonds are required by the Screen Actors Guild (SAG-AFTRA), a labor union that represents film and television performers. The bond protects SAG members from financial losses if a production company or talent agency fails to pay them their wages, benefits, or pension contributions.
The amount of the SAG surety bond is based on the total salaries of the SAG actors who will be working on the project. The bond must be obtained before filming or production begins.
How to Obtain a Florida SAG Talent Agency Surety Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, Florida SAG Talent Agency Surety Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.