The Florida Department of Financial Services, Office of Insurance Regulation offers the Florida Premium Finance Company Surety Bond as an option for meeting their financial requirement for any entity wishing to obtain a Premium Finance Company License.
How can I get a Premium Finance Company License?
To apply for a license in this industry, the state has a specific list of requirements that must be submitted online at http://www.floir.com/iportal
The application includes the following sections:
- Application fees and form
- This includes a license fee, an investigation fee, a fingerprint processing fee, and the application form
- This includes the articles of incorporation, a certificate of status from state of domicile, company bylaws, a certificate of status from the FL Secretary of State, and fictitious name filing
- This includes a plan of operations, and managerial experience
- This also includes a financial requirement: all applicants must have a statutory net worth of $35,000 attested by two officers of the company or a statutory net worth of $10,000 attested by two officers plus a Florida Premium Finance Company Surety Bond in the amount of $35,000
- note: the cost to obtain the surety bond will only be a small percentage of this bond amount
- This includes a list of officers, directors and shareholders, a biographical statement and affidavit for each officer, director and shareholder, an investigative background report, and fingerprint cards
- Forms and Rates
- This includes any other required forms as well as the service charge and interest rate plan.
You can find more information about this licensing process via the Florida Administrative Code, or via the online instructions.
How can I get a Florida Premium Finance Company Surety Bond?
To obtain a Florida Premium Finance Company Surety Bond, all you need to do is take a few minutes to fill out our free online application! Within one business day one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the price to obtain your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bonding experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.