The Florida Nonpublic Post-secondary Educational Institution Bond is required by the Florida Commission for Independent Education. This is a type of surety bond and the bond amount varies depending on the size of the institution’s student body, but it is typically between $20,000 and $200,000.
A nonpublic post-secondary educational institution in Florida is:
Any post-secondary educational institution that is not operated by the state government or its political subdivisions. This includes private colleges and universities, as well as vocational and career schools.
Nonpublic post-secondary educational institutions in Florida must be licensed by the Commission for Independent Education (CIE). The CIE is a state agency that regulates nonpublic post-secondary education in Florida. The CIE’s mission is to protect students and consumers by ensuring that nonpublic post-secondary educational institutions meet certain standards of quality and financial stability.
To be licensed by the CIE, a nonpublic post-secondary educational institution must meet the following requirements:
- Have a sound educational program
- Have adequate financial resources
- Have qualified faculty and staff
- Have adequate facilities and equipment
- Have a fair and ethical admissions and recruitment process
- Have a clear and concise student handbook that outlines the institution’s policies and procedures
Nonpublic post-secondary educational institutions in Florida offer a wide variety of academic programs and degrees. Students can choose from programs in a variety of fields, including healthcare, business, technology, and the arts.
How to Obtain a Nonpublic Post-secondary Educational Institution Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.2
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Florida Nonpublic Post-secondary Educational Institution Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
2 -Subject to underwriter approval, based on aggregate surety bond exposure, additional underwriting information may be required.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.