The State of Florida, Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) requires the Florida Mobile Home Dealer Surety Bond in order to get a dealer license for this type of business.
Apply through Surety1 to get a free, no-obligation quote for the price to obtain this bond!
What is required to be a Mobile Home Dealer in Florida?
The state of Florida requires a dealer license for the following persons, partnerships and corporations:
- Any entity that buys, sells, offers for sale, displays for sale or deals in three or more motor vehicles within any 12-month period.
- Any entity that buys, sells, offers for sale, displays for sale or deals in one or more mobile home or recreational vehicles within any 12-month period
Mobile Home Dealer license requirements:
- Contact the compliance examiner at a local DHSMV office to inspect and approve a mobile home dealer location
- Obtain a Federal Employee Identification Number (FEIN) from Internal Revenue System
- Obtain a sales tax number from the Florida Department of Revenue
- Complete a pre-licensing dealer training class requirement from a DHSMV approved dealer training school
- Obtain electronic fingerprinting for all officers of the dealership from a Florida Department of Law Enforcement approved service provider
Once these requirements have been met, the following should be submitted to the DHSMV:
- A completed application
- An application fee
- Proof of Garage Liability Insurance
- An original $25,000 Florida Mobile Home Dealer Surety Bond
- Note: the cost to obtain this bond will only be a small percentage of the bond amount
- Proof of registration of the business entity and fictitious name, if any, with the Florida Division of Corporations
- A copy of the certificate of completion for dealer training
- A copy of a lease agreement
- Proof of electronic fingerprinting from an FDLE service provider
More information about these licensing requirements and procedures can be found on the Florida DHSMV website.
What is the purpose of a Surety Bond?
The Florida Mobile Home Dealer Surety Bond states that the dealer will fully comply with the conditions of any written contract made by him as the dealer in connection with the sale or exchange of any mobile home.
See our “What is a Surety Bond” Video.
It is important to note that this bond is not insurance. If a customer suffers any loss or damages due to the dealer’s failure to comply with the regulations pertaining to mobile home dealers, the customer can make a claim on the dealer’s Florida Mobile Home Dealer Surety Bond, which the surety company will pay out if settled. However, the bond principal (the mobile home dealer in this case) must repay the surety for any losses incurred due to the claim.
How to obtain a Florida Mobile Home Dealer Surety Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Surety Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.