The Florida Lottery Commission offers the Florida Lottery Surety Bond.
The Florida Lottery Surety Bond is required to help ensure that you pay the Florida Lottery all money due or which will become due from your operations as a lottery retailer as well as ensure that you comply with provisions of all statutes, rules, and regulations of the Florida Lottery. Essentially, it ensures you will pay the Florida Lottery Commission its due money and that you will practice business within the means of the law.
A retailer applicant will be required to post a bond, certificate of deposit, or other security if it is determined during the background investigation that such requirement is necessary to secure payment of lottery proceeds.
The following materials must be submitted to the Florida Lottery Commission as part of the application:
- an application fee of $100
- the completed Lottery Retailer application
- voided business check for the Lottery Retailer
- the Retailer Contract must be signed
- If the retail location is a leased propery, it is required to get the landlord’s written approval for communication equipment
CLICK HERE to view copy of the Lottery Retailer application form and licensing requirements for more information about what is needed for the application process.