The Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bond is required by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services for intrastate movers that operate less than two trucks. The required bond amount is $25,000. The bond is in place for any consumer who is injured as a result of the Principal’s fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, misfeasance, malfeasance, financial failure, or any violation of Chapter 507, Florida Statutes, Household Moving Services.
How do I register my moving company?
In order to operate as an intrastate moving company your business must supply to the FDACS a certificate of insurance showing the following coverage:
- Liability insurance coverage for the loss or damage of household goods — not less than $10,000 per shipment. If operating less than two trucks, in lieu of maintaining the liability insurance, a Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bond or certificate of deposit in the amount of $25,000 may be filed with FDACS.
- Motor vehicle coverage, including bodily injury and property damage liability coverage in the following minimum amounts:
- $50,000 per occurrence for a commercial motor vehicle with a gross weight of less than 35,000 pounds.
- $100,000 per occurrence for a commercial motor vehicle with a gross weight of more than 35,000 pounds, but less than 44,000 pounds.
- $300,000 per occurrence for a commercial motor vehicle with a gross weight of 44,000 pounds or more.
Per the FDACS, you must register as a mover or moving broker every two years. There is a $300 fee per mover, per year ($600 when registering for the two year period). You can find more information regarding this registration process on the FDACS website.
Where can I get a Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Florida Household Moving Services Performance Bondwill be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.