The City of West Sacramento requires bonds for Encroachment permits.

Encroachment Permit BondThese permits are required when work is conducted within the city right-of-way such as curb, sidewalk, or gutter.

The Encroachment Permit mus be obtained for the placements of encroachments that get in the way of said city right of way. Encroachment is defined by the State of California as any object or event which is in, under or over the city’s right of way.  

The City of West Sacramento requires anyone who wished to obtain this permit to have a surety bond on file, in the form of a performance bond, in the amount equal to 100% of the value of work performed within the city right of way.  

This bond protects the City of West Sacramento from harm or financial loss as a result of the permit holder’s actions or work. This bond ensures that, according the surety company, this permit holder will do his or her work and can fully execute the contract.

The City sets the bond amount and a release from the municipality is required to cancel the bond.  This is important as the bonds are billed annually until the work is done and the bond has been released.


How to Get Your California Encroachment Permit Bond – City of West Sacramento

  1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
  2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.

How to Get Bonded

1. Apply Online
Using our Free & Secure Application
2. Get Your Free Quote
Applications are No-Obligation
3. Get Your Bond
Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days

Surety Bond Experts

Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.

0 Happy Customers
Since 2003