The Montana Demolition Bond is required by the City of Billings. The bond amount is set at $10,000. The cost of this bond will be determined once you fill out and submit the online application found below. The bond ensures that the bondholder will promptly remove or demolish the building and remove any remaining foundation walls, fill in any holes left on the property, level the property, and remove all debris within 30 days following the removal.
What is the purpose of a Montana Demolition Bond?
In the city of Billings, you will not be allowed to demolish or remove any building within the city limit until you have obtained a demolition permit. In order to get the demolition permit, applicants must comply with the following requirements:
- Provide a completed application form
- Supply the name and address of the owner of the structure and the location of the building to be demolished or removed.
- Plan for the demolition, removal, with a description of the work that will be done and schedule of the demolition project.
- Written verification from all affected utilities that the company who will perform the demolition has done the necessary disconnection or construction of protective devices required.
- A surety bond in the amount of $10,000. The company must be licensed in Montana.
How do I obtain a Montana Demolition Bond | City of Billings?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.