The Delaware Special Fuel Supplier Surety Bond is required by the State of Delaware, Motor Fuel Tax Administration in order to obtain a Special Fuel Supplier License. The bond amount must be approximately 3 times the average monthly special fuel tax due or estimated to be due by such supplier, with a minimum of $5,000 and a maximum of $200,000.
How can I get a Delaware Special Fuel Supplier License?
Special fuel is used to define all combustible gases and liquids suitable for the generation of power for propulsion of motor vehicles, except for gasoline (as defined here) and those combustible gases and liquids that were used before January 1, 1996.
A special fuel supplier is any person who has a business which handles and sells special fuels who delivers or places fuels into bulk supply tank or tanks of a special fuel user of special fuel dealer. You can learn more about the difference between special fuel suppliers, users, and dealers, on Delaware’s website.
In order to operate as a Special Fuel Supplier, the state requires a Special Fuel Supplier License. The following requirements must be met in order to obtain this license:
- A completed Special Fuel Supplier application form.
- A payment of $10 for the license application.
- A Delaware Special Fuel Supplier Surety Bond issued by a surety licensed to operate in Delaware. The bond amount must be approximately 3 times the average monthly special fuel tax due or estimated to be due by such supplier, with a minimum of $5,000 and a maximum of $200,000.
- Note: Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states and represents over a dozen “A” rated surety markets!
Where can I get a Delaware Special Fuel Supplier Surety Bond?
To obtain this bond, simply fill out our easy-to-use, online application! One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day with a free, no-obligation quote on the cost to obtain the bond. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is submitted, your official signed and sealed Delaware Special Fuel Supplier Surety Bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail. Overnight shipping options are also available.
Surety Solutions Insurance Services (Surety1) has been writing bonds since 2003 and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau is a testament to our quality, reliable work.
How to Get Your Delaware Special Fuel Supplier Surety Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.