The Delaware Security System and Protective Services Agency Bond is required by Superintendent of the Delaware State Police in the amount of $10,000 in order to obtain a license to operate as a Security Systems and Protective Services business.
What are the requirements in order to obtain Delaware Security System and Protective Services Agency License?
The following requirements are set by the State of Delaware Department of Safety and Homeland Security – Delaware State Police in order to obtain a Security Systems and Protective Services License :
- Complete the Security Systems & Protective Services Agency application #1 – Licensing Fee $25.00.
- Note: You must have a Delaware Office address unless you are a Monitoring Only company.
- Each owner, partner and/or corporate officer must complete the Owner/Partner/Corporate Officer application #2 and submit two (2) sets of fingerprints – Processing Fee $69.00 for each application
- All Owner/Partner/Corporate Officers physically coming into the state of DE to perform any security systems and protective service transactions must have an ID card issued to them. The picture for the ID card will be taken during the time of your appointment. They do not accept mailed in photos. The ID card fee will be $20.00 and renewed with the company license every two years. Fingerprinting will be completed at your appointment.
- If the Owner/Partner/Corporate Officer is located out of state and will not enter DE to perform security system and protective work; they may obtain two (2) sets of fingerprints from their local police department and mail them with all application documentation. Any state applicant card or federal applicant card is accepted.
- A Delaware Security System and Protective Services Agency Bond in the amount $10,000 must be submitted along with the above requirements. This bond must be issued by a Surety licensed in Delaware.
- Note: Surety1 is a brokerage that is licensed in all 50 states and represents over a dozen “A” rated surety markets!
Further application and submission information can be found on their application instruction page.
Where can I get a Delaware Security System and Protective Services Agency Bond?
To obtain this bond, complete out our easy-to-use, online application. One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day with a free, no-obligation quote on the cost to obtain the bond. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is submitted, your official signed and sealed Delaware Security System and Protective Services Agency Bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail. Overnight shipping options are also available.
Surety Solutions Insurance Services (Surety1) has been writing bonds since 2003 and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau is a testament to our quality, reliable work.