The Delaware Private Investigative and Private Security Agency Bond is required by the State of Delaware, Division of Licensing in order to obtain a DE Private Investigative and Private Security Agency License. The bond ensures that agents, operatives, and assistants will honestly conduct their business and properly discharge all the services which it may perform by virtue of such license.
What are the requirements for a Delaware Private Investigative and Private Security Agency License?
This Class C license combines both Private Investigative and Private Security Agency. To legally operate this business submit the following to Professional Licensing under the Delaware State Police.
- Completed Agency Application form
- Payment for the licensing fee. The amount is $500 for an in-state agency or $800 for out of state agency
- Completion of the requirements for license holder – which includes proof of at least five years of investigative experience, letters of reference and processing and ID card fee of $85.
- $1,000,000 liability insurance per occurrence.
- A Delaware Private Investigative and Private Security Agency Bond in the amount of $15,000, issued by a company licensed to operate in Delaware.
- Note: Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states and represents over a dozen “A” rated surety markets!
Where can I get a Delaware Private Investigative and Private Security Agency Bond?
To get started, all you need to do is fill out our easy to navigate online application form. The application will only take a few minutes, then one of our licensed agents will contact you within 24 hours with a free, no-obligation quote for the cost to obtain your bond.
The cost to obtain the bond (also known as the premium) will generally be a small percentage of the bond amount (which is $15,000). After you have remitted the premium payment and signed any necessary paperwork, your bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail, with overnight shipping options also available.
Surety1 has been writing bonds in Delaware since 2003 and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau is a testament to our hard work.