Motor vehicle dealers are required to post a Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond as part of the process to license the dealership. The amount of the bond depends on what type of vehicles are to be sold, the amount of vehicles you plan to sell, and other factors. Read our Car Dealer License Guide to learn more about how to get your dealership licensed and bonded.
- Required by: Delaware Division of Revenue
- Minimum Bond Amount: $25,000
- Maximum Bond Amount: Varies
- Valid: Continuous -Renewable
The price for the bond, also known as the bond premium, is only a small fraction of the bond amount.
This bond guarantees the principal will abide by all Delaware laws and regulations outlined in the provisions of Chapter 30 of the Delaware Code.
Since this bond is continuous, it is in full force and effect until it is cancelled. A written notice of cancellation must be submitted to the Delaware Division of Revenue at least 30 days before the cancellation date.
The applicant should verify the bond amount with the obligee before applying for the bond to ensure the bond amount is correct.
Surety1 is not directly involved with the licensing process, but we’ve compiled this information which may helpful for you.
State licensing fees and requirements:
- Surety bond
- Licensing application
- Supporting application documents (listed on official page)
- Criminal background check
- $75 licensing fee for wholesalers
- $100 licensing fee for motor vehicle dealers
- Business location
All license fees are required by the obligee, not the surety company.
Licenses expire December 31st of each year and must be renewed every year in order to remain valid.
How to Get Your Delaware Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.