The Connecticut Motor Vehicle General Repairer or Limited Repairer Surety Bond is required by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles. The bond amount is usually $5,000 for this type of bond.
What are the requirements in order to be a motor vehicle repairer or limited repairer in the state of Connecticut?
Although they differ in their scope of work, a general repairer and limited repairer both need to be licensed. The former is engaged in repairing, overhauling, assembling and disassembling a motor vehicle while the latter is involved in minor repairs including repair and replacement of cooling, electrical, fuel and exhaust systems, etc. The following requirements must be met in order to submit a license application, these can be found on the CT DMV website:
- Obtain all necessary permits and certifications specified
- Provide necessary business personnel and location information
- Demonstrate proper use of:Repair orders
- Waiver of estimates
- Loan agreements (repairer plates)
- Supplemental ID cards for plate use
- Estimate order and your provisions for documenting oral authorization
- If performing towing you will be required to have a tow record (invoices) and be knowledgeable in the proper methods to dispose of abandoned vehicles
- A notarized Connecticut Motor Vehicle General Repairer or Limited Repairer Surety Bond amounting to $5000. This bond is in place so that the should there be any instance that a customer incurs a loss due to the business closing or any violation of the rules and regulations set by the state, they will be properly compensated.
Where can I get a Connecticut Motor Vehicle General Repairer or Limited Repairer Surety Bond?
All you need to do is fill out our free online application! One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day with a firm, no-obligation quote. Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your notarized surety bond will be shipped to your via USPS Priority Mail, with overnight shipping options also available.
Surety1 has been writing bonds since 2003. We are licensed in all 50 states and represent over a dozen “A” rated surety markets, so we are sure to find to you the lowest rate for your bond. We are even rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau for our quick and reliable service!