In order to obtain a Lottery Sales Agency license, the Connecticut Lottery Corporation (CLC) will review the financial responsibility of the applicant, and may require the applicant to post and maintain a Connecticut Lottery Sales Agent Surety Bond in an amount determined at their discretion.
What are the requirements in order to get a Lottery Sales Agent License in Connecticut?
The following requirements must be met in order to apply for a Lottery Sales Agent License in Connecticut. The requirements, instructions, and necessary forms can be found here.
- Make sure your business is already registered with the CT Secretary of State if it is a LLC, LLP, or corporation
- Fill out the application
- Complete the retailer contract
- Complete the W-9 form with a taxpayer ID number
- Complete the tax certification form (which must be signed by the applicant as well as the Tax Collector)
- Provide necessary documentation for each owner or officer of the agency
- Provide a letter of closing or bill of sale if the business is being transferred (if possible)
- Provide the business lease if possible
From reviewing this information, the CLC may require you to submit a Connecticut Lottery Sales Agent Surety Bond to adequately protect the state against any monetary loss resulting from applicant’s prospective activities as a lottery sales agent (retailer) licensee. The amount of the bond will be determined by the CLC.
Where can I get a Connecticut Lottery Sales Agent Surety Bond?
Once it is determined that you require this bond and the bond amount is determined, all you need to do is fill out our free online application! One of our licensed agents will contact you with a firm, no-obligation quote within one business day of your submission. If you choose to move forward based on your quote, we will have you sign any necessary paperwork and remit the premium payment (the cost to obtain the bond will generally be a small percentage of the actual bond amount). Once this is all complete, we will ship your bond to you via USPS Priority Mail with overnight shipping options also available.
Surety1 has been writing bonds since 2003 and is licensed in all 50 states. We represent over a dozen “A” rated markets, so you can be assured we are finding you the lowest quote possible. Our simple and reliable process has led us to an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.