The Connecticut Employment Agency Bond is required by the State of Connecticut (Chapter 564 Section 31-130 of the CT Dept. of Labor Code) in order to obtain a Private Employment Agency license. The bond amount required is $7,500 and is generally written for a cost of $100 for the year. This bond helps ensure that the employment agency will comply with the regulations stated in the contract between the employer and the employment agency.
What are the requirements in order to legally operate a Private Employment Agency in Connecticut?
An employment agency is a business that procures or offers to procure work for those seeking employment and charging a fee while acting as the agent. To be operate this business in Connecticut, you must have a license from the Labor Commissioner. The following are the requirements that must in order to obtain a Private Employment Agency license:
- A check or money order for the registration fee amounting to $150
- A certificate of assumed trade for sole-proprietor or partnership
- Proof of worker’s compensation insurance
- A completed application form
- A Connecticut Employment Agency Bond issued by a company licensed to do business in the state. The amount of the surety bond is set at $7,500
- Note: Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states and represents over a dozen “A” rated surety markets!
Where can I get a Connecticut Employment Agency Bond?
To get started, all you need to do is fill out our easy to navigate online application form. The application will only take a few minutes, then one of our licensed agents will contact you within 24 hours with a free, no-obligation quote for the cost to obtain your bond. After you have remitted the premium payment and signed any necessary paperwork, your bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail, with overnight shipping options also available.
Surety1 represents over a dozen “A” rated surety markets, so you can be assured we will find you the lowest quote and provide you the most reliable service. Surety1 has been writing bonds in Connecticut since 2003 and our A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau is a testament to our hard work.