The California Bond of Traffic Violator School Owner is required by the California Department of Motor Vehicles in order to obtain a license for this business.

Submit Surety1’s online application to get a free, no-obligation quote!


What are the requirements in order to operate a Traffic Violators School in California?

In order to obtain a license to operate a Traffic Violators School (TVS) in California, the following initial requirements must be met:

  • Obtain Lesson Plan Approval
  • Request for DMV Approval of a TVS Name

California Surety Bond of Traffic Violator School OwnerOnce these initial requirements are approved, the following will need to be submitted along with the above approval notices:

  • TVS Owner License Form
  • TVS Branch Business Office/Classroom Application
  • TVS Owner Assurance of Compliance with the ADA
  • Property Use Verification
  • Personal History Questionnaire
  • Copies of a valid driver’s license and social security card
  • Appointment of Director as Agent for Service of Process
  • Request for live scan fingerprinting
  • If filing as a corporation, provide the Articles of Incorporation that identify officers, shareholders and managers
  • A fictitious name statement
  • Signed copy of the rental or lease agreement
  • A copy of the business license
  • A $2,000 California Bond of Traffic Violator School Owner or a $15,000  Surety Bond for those that offer home study or internet instruction.

You can find the full list of requirements and forms on the California DMV website.

What is a Traffic Violator School Owner Bond?

Traffic Violators School Owners are required to post a $2,000 surety bond for classroom based instruction. For home study or online courses, the bond requirement is $15,000. Only in Los Angeles County, the required amount of their California Traffic Violator School Owner Surety Bond is $25,000. This bond is meant to protect the customers of the traffic violation school from monetary loss, deceit and misrepresentation on behalf of the school, owner, its agents, employees and representatives.

Where can I get a California Bond of Traffic Violator School Owner?

In order to obtain this bond, simply fill out our free online application! One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day with a quote for the price to obtain your bond (the “premium”). If you choose to move forward after receiving your quote, we will have you sign any necessary paperwork and remit the premium payment, at which time we will ship your California Surety Bond of Traffic Violator School Owner to you via USPS Priority Mail (with overnight shipping options also available).

Why choose Surety1?

At Surety1, our agents work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we are finding you the lowest price for your bond. We’ve been issuing surety bonds since 2003 and our quality, reliable service has led us to an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau! Located in California in licensed in all 50 states!

California Surety Bond of Traffic Violator School Owner


How to Get Your California Bond of Traffic Violator School Owner

  1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
  2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.

How to Get Bonded

1. Apply Online
Using our Free & Secure Application
2. Get Your Free Quote
Applications are No-Obligation
3. Get Your Bond
Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days

Surety Bond Experts

Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.

0 Happy Customers
Since 2003