Click Here for a Free, No Obligation Quote
The California Car Wash Bond is a type of surety bond, required by the California Department of Industrial Relations. The amount of this surety bond is $150,000 per location. Washing and polishing is defined by the Department of Industrial Relations as “Car washing and polishing” and means washing, cleaning, drying, polishing, detailing, servicing, or otherwise providing cosmetic care to vehicles.
How Much Does the California Car Wash Bond Cost?
The cost of this surety bond varies. Surety1 has markets available that will provide the California Car Wash bond for as low as $975.00 per year (subject to underwriting approval from the surety company). Full financial disclosure is required to get this low rate. Surety1 has other rates available without having to provide financial statements. Surety1 represents over dozen surety markets to get you the best rate possible. We are rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau and have been bonding in California since 2003.
We offer an easy online application and fast service. Get your no-obligation quote today!
How do I register my California Car Wash?
Per California Labor Code section 2051(a) any person or entity looking to operate a Car Wash in California must register with the CA Labor Commissioner. To do so, the following must be filed with the Commissioner:
- A completed online application
- Fictitious business name statements
- State Employer Identification Number
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- Articles of Incorporation if applicable
- Articles of Organization for LLC
- Certificate of Limited Partnership if applicable
- Secretary of State Statement of Information
- Sample contract and 24-hour cancellation notice
- Proof of worker’s compensation coverage
- A California Car Wash Surety Bond in the amount of $150,000 issued by a company licensed to do business in the state
- Note: Surety1 is licensed in all 50 states and is located in Rancho Cordova, CA!
When Is a California Car Wash Bond Not Required?
The bond requirement is waived for car wash employers who are covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement that meets specified criteria.
Car wash activities excluded from the licensing and bond requirement include:
- Motor vehicle repair, as defined in Section 9880.1 of the Business and Professions Code.
- Any charitable, youth, service, veteran, or sports group, club, or association that conducts car washing and polishing on an intermittent basis to raise funds for charitable, education, or religious purposes.
- Any licensed vehicle dealer or car rental agency that conducts car washing and polishing ancillary to its primary business of selling, leasing, or servicing vehicles.
- Either a new motor vehicle dealer that is primarily engaged in the business of selling, leasing, renting, or servicing vehicles or an automotive repair dealer.
How to get a Surety Bond
At surety1 we make it easy to obtain your California Car Wash Bond.
- Simply complete our easy to use and secure, online application
- Receive your free, no obligation quote from one of our surety professional agents
- Sign some paperwork and make payment (all major credit cards accepted)
- Receive your bond via traceable delivery.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
How to Get Your California Car Wash Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.